“The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.”
We’re just a few weeks shy of 2016 and the days leading up to the big day are hopefully going to be sugary, honeyed and everything sweet. Every place I go to these days seems to exude wafting aromas of cookies & candy that makes the mouth water. Is the dessert lover in me going to ignore that? Mais Non! The mission is to ensue a home that smells exactly like that and I’m not one to give up. My apron is floury and my kitchen is bustling with activity. Till we bid goodbye to 2015, it’s going to be a sweet, sweet odyssey here in my blog.
These cookies are light, mildly crunchy and filled with cranberries, white chocolate and for that extra zing, lemon zest. To make it a little tangier, I added lemon white chocolate chips but it’s completely optional.
Of course, don’t miss a big glass of milk! These cookies were over in no time at home and I regret not having made a bigger batch.
And yes…they are not burdensome to make, and the only time I remember being fidgety was when they were in the oven. I for one, couldn’t wait to dig into these zesty bites. These cookies are not overly sweet and can jazz up your afternoon tea time.
RECIPE FOR EGGLESS CRANBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD COOKIES(Makes 10- 12 cookies)
1 1/4th cup of all purpose flour
1/8th cup / 12.5 gms of ground almonds
1/2 cup butter, softened at room temperature
1/4th cup caster sugar
2 tsp lemon zest
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180 °C and line a cookie sheet with parchment.
2. In a bowl, sift the flour and ground almonds.
3. In another bowl, cream the butter, sugar and lemon zest together until it’s light and fluffy.
4. Add the flour- almond mixture and to this and mix with a wooden spoon and then with your fingers.
5. Fold in the cranberries and white chocolate chips evenly.
6. Make lemon sized balls and flatten them.
7. Bake for 20-25 min or until slightly golden brown at the edges.
8. Cool completely and sprinkle icing sugar.